There are some awesome things to do when you are bored, but some of them need a lot of money. If you are rich and bored, the world is your oyster with plenty of fun things to do.
It’s not an uncommon situation, as there are many rich and famous people, who are retired or no longer involved in their career. They are bored; they have plenty of money with them, but are still frustrated.
Therapists vouch for the fact that being a super billionaire is the sure fire formula for misery. It’s called the wealth fatigue syndrome. Super rich people who don’t have work and are bored can initially amuse themselves with houses and yachts or cars.
These are like new toys for them. They play with these for some time and then come back to boredom. It becomes a crazy attempt at overcoming boredom and it could lead to depression.
The wealth fatigue syndrome is a very real one for rich, bored people. Money is available to the point of infinity for the rich and famous people. Most of the time, the person sinks into a state of inertia. Nothing excites him/her anymore.
Moreover, there are more than half a million families in America having more than $10 million in assets. So what do they do to stay out of depression?
Here are the Top 10 Things to do When you are Rich and Bored
Philanthropy for the Rich and Bored
Wealth X, an organization doing research on the super rich, in its latest billionaire census states that philanthropy was the most popular of hobbies, with half of such billionaires going in for charitable activities.
- Philanthropy is a great outlet for your emotions and makes you happy and proud of yourself.
- You can donate to different types of projects, such as arts, education and involve yourself in your search for things to do when you are bored and alone.
- It gives more meaning to your life apart from providing you with something to do when you are rich and bored.
- It can be considered more like a hobby, rather than just a sport when you are rich and alone.
- Among the fun things to do when you are bored at home, you can fly to the mountain town and get yourself a cozy cabin or a hotel.
- There are amazing resorts all over the US, and you could learn to become a professional by taking private lessons.
- It’s also a great way to keep fit.
- Be in tune with nature.
- You can even live in an area where it snows, so that you don’t have to travel back and forth.
- What to do when you are rich and bored? There are fine golf courses all over the country and the world.
- This means you have to fly to different places, which is surely interesting by itself and perfect for times when you are bored and alone.
- 51% of rich people play golf regularly and it is their most preferred activity.
- It’s a great way to socialize with friends and also meet other rich people.
- You can become a professional very soon.
- It will transform your days into fun filled ones for those who are looking for what to do when you are rich and bored.
- Getting started is easy and you get hooked to it.
- You can get private lessons or go to a golf academy, where they offer courses.
Boating / Yacht
- Water activities are fun and most wealthy people own boats, so they can use it for:
- Jet skiing
If you are super rich and bored, you can spend time on a hobby like collecting something.
- Your collections could be based on what you love. It could be related to art memorabilia, boats, watches, sports related, cars, books, and so on.
- Possessing a unique item is by itself a thrilling feeling, when you are rich and bored.
- You get a rush when you find something new and rare. It can soon become an obsession and is among the awesome things to do when you are bored.
- It is one of the top things to do when bored, and helps in building your expertise or mastery in the particular niche.
- Focus on one item at a time (Sir Thomas Phillips decided that he wanted all the printed books of the world during the 19th He managed to get 40,000 of them, being one of the greatest book collectors of his time)
- Do your fishing from your million dollar worth yacht.
- There are several crazy things to do when you are rich and bored, on board your yacht out on the sea.
Race Car Driving
- It’s expensive and fun and very enjoyable if you are one who loves to drive the fastest cars in the world.
- It’s one of the popular hobbies for the wealthy people living in Silicon Valley
- It offers a rush, helps in building relationships and makes you happy. It’s perfect for when you are rich and bored.
- You can use high end cars for racing. I’m thinking, BMW, Porsche and Ferrari or Aston Martin.
- You can get professional instructions for driving the cars.
- Rich people like Prince William and Beyonce have gone on record to state how they love globe-trotting.
- Great for rich and bored people who are adventurous and have a curiosity about people, regions, culture and history of places.
- Offers the excitement of exploration.
- Travel with friends so that you get the solution for what to do when you are rich and bored.
- Organize art exhibitions.
- Initiate cultural festivals like fashion events, food and drink events, museum events, art festivals.
- It can be both entertaining and informative.
- The competition in such events is challenging to the mind.
- Plan out the audio, the food and how you will entertain the visitors at the event.
Health and Exercise
Good health and exercise has numerous benefits and I surely don’t need to enumerate them for you.
- Opt for an exercise that you love.
- Play basketball or kickboxing, go in for aerobics or anything you fancy.
Over to You
These are just some of the awesome things to do when you are rich and bored. It’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are plenty of exciting things out in this world only if you take the time to think of something fun to do when you are rich and bored.
If all else fails and you are still bored, why not try a bit of meditation or mindfulness. You can get a great deal of satisfaction, inner peace and comfort, after all the fun and enjoyment of the above pursuits.