It’s tricky to pick out the top 10 beautiful countries of the world. There are several amazing places in the world to visit, and all such lists are purely subjective. Beauty does lie in the eyes of the beholder.
There are some beautiful places stretching between two countries. Then there are some isolated, beautiful spots in several countries as opposed to an entire country.
And the Winners are….
In a beauty pageant, the top choice is not merely about a beautiful face; it’s about grace, class, elegance and the total personality of the person. Even the top wonders of the world are evaluated based on studies done in various categories, such as historical; creativity; uniqueness; natural characteristics among others.
You could very well argue with my selection of the 10 most beautiful places in the world. Hear me out and you’ll surely agree that these are the most beautiful places in the world to visit.
So, get ready to have your breath taken away! Hope you enjoy this list. Vote up these destinations if you agree or add one that I have not listed.
Here’s the List of the Top Ten Most Beautiful Countries in the World
Switzerland – The Most Beautiful Country in the World 2017
Switzerland is on the top of my bucket list and most probably on that of yours too. If you visit the country, it will take you all of 10 seconds to fall in love with it. Why is it on the top of the list?
- For one, its iconic mountains make it one of the most beautiful countries. The Swiss Alps and the eternal snow in the country off the most beautiful landscapes. Trains winding up the picturesque hills and the skiing opportunities.
- Stunning architecture. Of course, you can find beautiful architectural monuments in other cities all round the world. But the chalets high up on snow-covered mountains brook no arguments.
- Its clear lakes make it one of the most beautiful countries in the world to live in with beautiful locations.
- Heavenly chocolates and cheese varieties add to the beauty.
- It also has a reputation for being the cleanest country on this planet. In fact, you’d think you could eat off the streets while walking in Luzern or in Lugano. It’s one of the best countries in the world to live.
- Must Read – Top 10 Richest Countries in the World (2017)
New Zealand – One Among the Most Beautiful Countries
Queenstown is an urban delight and Wellington is one of the most beautiful small cities of the world. But though the cities are beautiful, it is the natural beauty of its countryside that will make you swoon.
Traveller’s Choice named Queenstown as the top destination during the year 2008.
- The Milford Sound is the highlight of this country. It’s been acknowledged as the most amazing Fiord of the world.
- It is home to the most beautiful mountains, with Mount Cook being the 8th greatest of the world.
- It is home to many other world wonders, like the Glowworm caves in Waitomo; the Kauri forests; the Kauris with its magnificent tree species in the Waipooua forest; and the magnificent ferns.
It’s a beautiful country and has more natural wonders than you could possibly count. The cities are stunning with a spellbinding history.
It’s the land of the midnight sun. You can literally see the sun all 24 hours of the day during the summer, as the northern part of the country lies in the Arctic circle.
- Trolltunga is a gorgeous location and so is Kjeragbolten. Where else is it possible to be suspended within a mountain crevice at thousands of feet over the ground?
- Lush greenery even in urban areas like Oslo with hills rising above it. It boasts of the most epic views of lakes and mountains marking it among the most beautiful countries of the world.
- Go exploring in the fjords of Norway or stay at the amazing fisherman cabins. Spot polar bears or wild reindeer, which are beautiful sights. Santa must be somewhere close by.
- Also Read – Top 10+ Exotic Destinations for Honeymoon Couples in India
If you have wanderlust, Greece will surely capture your imagination, being one of the most beautiful places in world. In spite of its financial and refugee problems, tourists are still not tired of visiting the great capital city, Athens.
- It is one of the most beautiful places to travel, with mystical heritage cities of the world, ancient ruins, picturesque islands, awe striking beaches, cultural delights, unique architecture and a stunning landscape.
- The Ionian Islands deserve a mention, with their turquoise waters, surrounded by olive trees and cypress forests, making it among the most beautiful countries.
We all know about the tulips of Amsterdam, the classic windmills of Netherland, not to mention the cheese. But did you know that there’s lost more, making it one of the most beautiful places of the world? It’s among the top 10 famous countries of the world.
- Endless beaches and unique forests.
- The best flower gardens of Keukenhof, with hyacinths and daffodils apart from the world famous tulips.
- Natural reserves like Hoge Veluwe National Park.
- The famous canals of Amsterdam spreading over 60 miles with 1500 bridges and 1550 monuments.
- Also Read – Top 10 Most Beautiful Cities in the USA
It’s striking and romantic and you can have the top outdoor adventures here.
- Spas and Waterfalls. There’s the Blue Lagoon outdoor spa for healing your soul. You could actually stand in a waterfall and get a glimpse of the northern lights from Seljalandsfoss. There are waterfalls and even underwater canyons on Silfra ridge.
- You could actually venture into a volcano at Thrihnukagigur. You can dive into a volcanic chamber of magma around 400 feet deep. Of course, if this sounds too scary for you, you could opt for a helicopter view.
- Check out the Churn, erupting water to a height of 100 feet every few minutes
- Spot some of those fantastic whale fins in the Iceland waters.
Believe me, nothing will lift your spirits like living Down Under, a strong contender for the most beautiful countries.
When you say Australia, you cannot miss the sprawling outback. These open spaces are the essence of the country with its rugged mountains, striking gorges. The country is a top travel destination filled with natural beauty.
- Pristine, white sandy beaches and the Great Barrier Reef are the major attractions. You can find your nemo in the astounding wildlife and explore the beautiful corals, which is a must activity here.
- You will never want to leave the top quality surfing.
- The Uluru or Ayer’s Rock is a major attraction and so is the Fraser island presenting a rustic beauty.
- You can never get tired of their country’s mascot, the kangaroos. You can see hundreds of them, both wild and free and in the Marramarang Nation park, with their babies tucked snugly in pouches.
- You May Like – Top 10 Cheap Countries to Visit from India
There are several reasons for picking Canada among the most beautiful countries. True, it does get rather cold, but it surely ought to be on your bucket list.
All the seasons are beautiful. It has the greatest ski resorts with powder snow in winter.
As for the summer, there are several breathtaking lakes. The whole landscape takes on a golden hue in the fall and springtime is for the freshest of wildflowers.
In short, it’s picture postcard perfect at all times of the year. In fact, they call it ‘Instragam’able Canada and for good reason too.
- Incredible Canadian Rockies are dream stuff.
- Incredible nature spanning a huge country with beautiful national parks.
To many, Italy is a piece of art, combining a rich history with breathtaking and unique countryside. Italy has spawned many things that we just cannot live without today, right from its Pizzas to its Ferrari’s.
You could practically call it the mother of art in the world. This is the country you’ll find the greatest masterpieces of world famous artisans and painters in the museums here. For a student of history, it probably ranks top on this list.
- Must Read – Top 10 Best National Parks in the World
Rome and the Vatican City need no introduction. In fact, all the towns and villages are equally beautiful and offer a distinct individualism. It offers the maximum sightseeing destinations, with Rome alone taking up many days.
As for Venice, the floating city near Verona of Romeo and Juliet fame, it represents the unique pride of this country.
Despite recent terrorist attacks, France continues to be the top tourist destination. It’s the city of lights and offers the most romantic image in the world.
France is famed for the Louvre museum housing the Mona Lisa and its stunning architecture. I couldn’t leave out the iconic and famed Eiffel Tower. Nor can I miss Disneyland. On the other hand, it has several world heritage sites, with grand museums, art galleries,
- You May Like – How to Choose Best Destination for First Holiday Abroad
France offers a mixed variety of snow-covered mountains along with rolling countryside and sandy beaches. In fact, there is something for everyone in this great country.
France’s great appeal is undoubtedly Paris, the ultimate fashion destination and a pretty place. France is also the most beautiful country in the world for honeymoon.
Over to You
Ranking all the most beautiful countries in the world has been a gut-wrenching task. It’s like asking you to select your favorite child. But these are some of top must visits and I couldn’t think of anyone who wouldn’t want to add them to their bucket list.
That said, there are countless other places all over the world offering a bounty of delight and beauty. Go out wherever you are – and appreciate each work of art and each natural wonder.