The largest retail store in the world is Shinsegae Centum city Department store located in South Korea. This store has a huge area of 3.163 million square feet which includes it in the list of top retailers 2017.
This retail store has fantastic collections of the products of the top global companies.
Here we will discuss some of the best retail outlets in the world.
WalMart Stores has the credit of becoming the largest and one of the best retail outlets in the world.
This fabulous store has recorded a growth of 2% in its revenue year-after-year.
- The revenue of this store in the year 2015 was $485 billion which shows its popularity and presence in the market.
- Walmart operates its stores in around 11500 locations that are based in 27 countries. •Around 60% of the total revenue of Wal-Mart is generated in the United States.
Wal-Mart also operates several other retail chains such as ASDA stores in England, Bodega Aurerra stores and Seiyu stores in Mexico and Japan respectively.
This retail outlet also has the privilege of being the world’s largest brick and mortar retailer.
- Must Read – Top 10 Direct Selling Companies in the World
Costco Wholesale Corporation
This retail outlet is one of the top retail outlets in the world and operates its retail chain in nine countries.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation generated revenue of $112 billion in the year 2014.
- The best part of this growth was that around $2.4 billion was generated due to the annual customer membership.
- This company recorded a very promising year-on-year growth of 7.1%. This retail outlet operates around 670 warehouses all over the world which includes 474 locations in the United States.
- The market capitalization of this highly popular retail outlet is around $70 billion.
Kroger Retail Company
This retail outlet is the third largest retailer in the world in terms of revenue. It is also the largest retailer of grocery in the United States.
- Kroger generated revenue of $108.5 billion in the year 2014 which was 10.2% more than the previous year.
- This outlet contains around 2600 department stores and supermarkets. In addition, Kroger also operates many jewelry stores and around 780 convenience stores.
- As far as the operation of its stores is concerned Kroger manages more than 25 different brands such as Fred Meyer, Littman Jewelers, and Ralphs. This store boasts of a huge market capitalization of $40 billion.
Walgreens Boots Alliance
This retail outlet is also one of the best retail outlets in the world. It was formed due to the merger of Alliance Boots and Walgreen Company in 2014.
- This fantastic store generated revenue of $103 billion in 2015.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance operates around 13000 drug stores that are located in 11 countries.
- The market capitalization of this company is around $92 billion.
Also Read – Top 10 Largest Shopping Malls in the World
This retail outlet is perhaps the best premium outlet in Europe. It is a retail outlet with headquarters in the United Kingdom.
- This company reported revenue of 62 billion pounds in the year 2015. This company has around 6900 stores which are located in 11 countries.
- Tesco PLC also operates in Asian countries such as Thailand, India, China, and Malaysia.
- The market capital of this company is around $20 billion.
Carrefour SA is also one of the best retail outlets in the world and is also ranked as one of the best outlet stores ranked for value quality.
- This outlet has around 11000 store locations that are based in 33 countries.
- This outlet has stores in various segments that include mid-size supermarkets, small stores, and large-sized superstores. All these stores offer items of merchandise and food.
- Carrefour SA is undoubtedly one of the top retail companies in the world.
- This outlet has the distinction of acquiring around 1100 new stores in 2014 which resulted in the addition of 650000 square meters of space.
- The market capital of this outlet is around $25 billion.
Amazon.com is the undoubtedly the largest online retailer in the world. It is also the retail giants as you can get any item of your choice in this outlet.
- This outlet recorded revenue of $90 billion in the year 2014 which was around 20% more than the previous year.
- This company also operates many country-specific websites and ships its products all over the world.
- This store is also the top retail chain stores of USA despite the fact that around 60% of its sales are generated outside the United States.
- Some of the items that are sold in plenty at this retail outlet include electronics, media, and general merchandise.
- This outlet has a market capital of around $310 billion which makes it the top retail department store.
You May Like – Top 10 Most Populated Cities in the World
Metro Group AG
The Metro Group AG from Germany is one of the best retail outlets in the world.
- This outlet also operates in Russia, India, Thailand, Pakistan and China.
- This company recorded a fantastic generation of revenue at $86 billion.
- This outlet boasts of operating around 2300 stores under various brands which also include the popular Metro Cash & Carry retail chain.
- Metro Group AG retail outlet also operates many other chains such as consumer electronics retailer Media Market and Saturn, Galeria Kaufhof and Real.
- This fantastic retail outlet has a market capital of $ 10 billion.
The Home Depot
The Home Depot chain of retail outlet is the largest home-improvement retailer in the world and is also one of the best retail outlets in the world.
- The total sales of this retail outlet in the year 2014 were $83 billion which was around 6% more than the previous year.
- This retail outlet has around 2200 stores out of which 1977 are based in the United States. • The Home Depot also operates its stores in Canada and Mexico.
- Some of the exclusive products offered by The Home Depot are Glacier Bay home fixtures, lawn care products from Vigoro and Husky tools.
- The market capital of The Home Depot was around $171 billion for the year 2015.
Target Corporation is one of the ten best retail outlets in the world.
- This popular retail outlet generated total revenue of $ 72.6 billion in the year 2014 which was almost 2% more than the previous year.
- This retail outlet has around 1800 stores in the United States. This retail outlet has large-format stores and City Target stores.
- The market capitalization of Target Corporation is around $46 billion.
These are some of the best retail outlets in the world which you must visit.
These stores contain all the products and facilities which tempt you to visit them. Once you have visited any of these retail outlets you will always visit them again and again.