Online shopping is easy, quick, enjoyable and hassle-free and is loved by millions around the world. Though it is quite popular as the preferred way of buying clothes and accessories, people still think twice when they have to buy shoes online. The reason is fit and comfort.
Find out in the below sections how you can buy shoes online that fit you perfectly without you having to even move a toe!
Warning: Wearing the wrong size shoe can lead to various foot problems like heel pain, corns and blisters. Research has shown that a majority of people choose the wrong size shoes even while buying from a conventional shoe store.
So, how to buy shoes online?
Before you log in to your favourite online store and start browsing for shoes, here are a few tips that will help you with your shoe shopping.
Criteria for Selecting the Right Online Store
- Store Specialty: First and foremost, you need to select the right store for your shopping. Stores that specialize in a few products generally have more variety. You can ask your friends and colleagues about reliable online shoe stores.Read reviews and ratings of the store before you finalize it.
- Return and Refund Policy: Find out the return policy of the store. Some stores have an exchange policy wherein they will arrive at your doorstep to exchange your product free of cost. Some stores require you to send the returned product through post. Choose the store whose return policy suits you best.
- Good and Clear Images of the Product: The online store should have clear images of the shoes from all the angles.
- Detailed Description: The store should have a complete description of the shoe. Like the material used, styling, colour, slip-on details, footbed, insole and outsole details.
Once you have selected a store to buy shoes online, your next task will be to select the right shoes for you. Here are some tips that will help you select the right fit shoes for you.
Tips for Selecting the Right Shoes Online
- Measure your Foot Size: Fit and comfort are the topmost criteria for selecting a shoe. Since you do not have the option of trying out shoes to find the right fit, you will have to be extra careful while selecting the right size for you.
Remember: Different brands have different size charts. A particular size in one brand might measure differently in another brand.
The best time of the day to measure your foot size is in the afternoon or evening. Because by this time your feet would have swollen a little bit from all the walking and moving during the day.
Place your foot on a paper and trace the outline of your foot. Measure the length and width. Now use these measurements to find the right match for you.
Tip: It is always better to choose a shoe that is half an inch more in size than to choose a shoe that has the exact same measurements.
- Read Reviews of the Seller: Once you find the right size shoes for you, find out what other customers have to say about the seller. If people have faced any issues with the seller, then it is better not to buy shoes online from him.
- Check the Warranty Policy: Once you find a shoe that fits all the bill, pay for it through a secure medium only. After you receive your order, here are a few things that you should be careful about.
Mistakes to Avoid When you Buy Shoes Online
- Do Not Delay Checking the Shoes: Remember, some sellers have fixed days return policy. Hence do not delay checking the fit and comfort of the shoes. In case they do not fit, you should have enough time to return them.
- Do Not Cut the Tags or Throw Away the Box and Wrapper: You will need tags in case you decide to return the shoes.
- Do Not Dirty the Shoes While Trying them on: When you try on the shoes, do it in a carpeted area or a clean floor. Do not dirty the shoes or the seller might not accept the shoes back when you return them.
Wrap Up – How to Buy Shoes Online
Buying shoes online can become an extremely enjoyable experience if you just follow some tips and tricks. Remember to always give priority to fit over fashion. The right footwear is not only an important part of any attire but also necessary for keeping you healthy and happy. ☺