How to Stop Hair Loss and Regrow Hair Naturally
Is hair fall affecting your appearance? Do you feel embarrassed with your brittle hair? If so then it’s high time you hunt for ways to retain your lustrous hair.
About 90% of hair is actually growing at a period of time whereas 10% hair is at its resting phase which may ultimately fallout. Normally the hair at its resting phase falls out in every 2-3 months and allows new hair to grow.
However, people may experience extreme hair loss which may require immediate treatment.
There are ample reasons which lead to hair loss and it is essential to understand the actual problem before looking for hair loss treatment. Tremendous advancement in medical science has brought excellent hair regrowth techniques. However, these techniques are quite expensive which most of us may not be able to afford.
The good news is that there are several inexpensive natural hair growth techniques available which you can apply conveniently at home. But prior to that you should understand what actually is causing the hair fall problem.
Conditions That Lead to Hair Loss
The very first signs of protein deficiency are dryness and brittleness in hair. If your protein intake is less than what is actually required then your body is likely to balances the quantity by cutting out the supply to hair follicles. Blocked hair follicles lead to brittle hair and hair loss.
- Experts from American Academy of Dermatology state that people who intake lesser amounts of protein for 2 to 3 months are likely to suffer from visible hair loss.
- According to survey conducted by Indian Market Research Bureau 9 out of 10 Indians consume lesser protein than the actual requirement amongst which the vegetarians have 91% of protein deficit which is much more than the non-vegetarians who showed 85% of protein deficit.
Although, there isn’t any exact reason behind this, but it is quite common. Often people aging between 50’s to 60’s experience hair fall which is quite difficult to regrow. According to Dr. Hammonds, treatment of this condition is next to impossible so people can rather opt for alternatives such as caps, wigs, scarves etc.
Mental or Physical Stress
Often severe illness, flu or accident can lead to hair loss which may be side effect of heavy medical dosage. Thankfully it is a temporary condition which is easily recoverable once the patient overcomes the problem.
Emotional or mental stress may also cause hair loss but only in extreme cases. For instance, loss of a dear one, insomnia or extreme case of depression may cause hair fall.
This is a common cause for hair loss in women. It is observed that one in 10 women between the age of 20-50 suffer iron deficiency which causes Anemia. It further leads to hair loss which is termed as androgenetic alopecia. This type of hair loss usually occurs in the middle part of the scalp and visibly thins out the hair making the forehead look broader.
This is a medical condition where a person has under-active thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is located in the neck which generates essential hormones which boosts metabolism and is important for hair growth.
This is another condition which may lead to temporary hair loss. During the pregnancy period woman experience increased hormones which curbs their hair loss. However, after delivery the hormones drop back to normal which causes hair fall. Usually pregnant woman gets long lustrous hair which may fall out at extreme levels after delivery. It is quite common and one doesn’t need special treatment to cure it.
Excessive Consumption of Vitamin A
Overdose of Vitamin A may also lead to hair problems. So, if you have been taking supplements that contain Vitamin A then you must consult your physician and check whether its amount is perfect for you or needs to be reduced.
- According to American Academy of Dermatology, an adult should not exceed daily value of vitamin A more than 5,000 IU. Kids over 4 years of age can intake Vitamin A valuing between 2,500 to 10,000 IU.
If you have been suffering from hair loss all this while then you need special hair care. Here are some of the home remedies to stop hair loss.
Also See – Top 8 Hair Regrowth Treatments
Simple Remedies for Hair Restoration at Home
Apply Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is considered to be one of the most effective natural remedy which may help you in overcoming hair thinning and hair fall. You can directly apply aloe vera gel on your scalp and leave it for about 1.5 hours and wash it with lukewarm water. Aloe vera balances the pH levels which gradually stops hair thinning and hair loss especially if you have a dry and itchy scalp.
Egg White Mask
This is another effective home remedy which can be done conveniently without spending much.
- Break 2 eggs in a mixing bowl
- Separate the egg yolk and retain the egg white
- Mix the egg white thoroughly till it gets thick
- Apply the pack on your hair and scalp using a dye brush
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and wash it with a mild shampoo and cold water
- Repeat the process twice a week to see quick results
Curry Leave Hair Tonic
It is known to us that consumption of curry leaves can get you glowing skin and thick hair. But, did you know that it also makes a perfect hair tonic?
- Boil some curry leaves along with your hair oil (preferably coconut oil) and apply gently on your scalp and hair
- Massage at a circular motion for about 15 minutes and leave it overnight
- Wash it using shampoo and cold water
- Repeat at least twice a week to regain your beautiful hair
Onion has a hidden ability of stimulating hair growth so if you are wondering how to control hair loss then this is another excellent natural remedy which you can use.
- Mash onion in a mixer and squeeze out the juice
- Dip cotton into the juice and apply on the affected area
- Let it remain for about 40 minutes and rinse off with cold water
- Apply shampoo to get rid of the smell
Neem works wonders for your hair and skin. So, you can opt for neem treatment if you are experiencing any type of hair loss it may effectively help you in regaining your hair.
- Take about 10-12 neem leaves and put it in a vessel containing water
- Boil the water until the quantity reduces to half
- Gently rinse your hair using this mixture
- You can apply this as a hair conditioner after shampooing your hair and rinse it off
- Applying once a week for one month may show up visible results
Amla and Coconut Oil
Most of the hair experts recommend this remedy as it is likely to show much better results than other natural remedies.
- Boil dried Amla in coconut oil till it turns black in color
- Let it cool and apply it gently on your scalp in circular motion
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and wash your hair using your shampoo
This remedy would not only help you in regaining your hair but also make them thick, glossy and shiny.
- Put one tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds in about 1 cup of coconut oil. Mix it in an airtight jar and store it for 3 weeks at a cool place
- Use the oil after 3 weeks as you usually apply
- Leave the oil overnight and wash it next morning for best results
- Repeat twice a week for visible results
It is an undeniable fact that people judge you with your appearance and looks. Hence, hair loss may make you feel embarrassed and may also affect your self confidence.
Many of us may question whether it is really possible to regrow hair or not. Thankfully, there are endless hair loss home remedies available which effectively cures baldness and triggers natural hair growth.
Medical treatments such as hair transplants and hair weaving are some of the common techniques that are opted by people nowadays. However, the success rate of these techniques surely depends upon the chosen service provider. Also, the rates of these treatments are quite high.
Opting for natural remedies to cure hair loss is rather a great choice as there isn’t much money involved in it and you just don’t need to care about the side effects.
So, if you are experiencing hair thinning and loss of hair, just stop everything and opt for natural hair gain techniques.