Using Quora for Blogging
You give an awesome presentation, but the room is empty. That’s what it feels like when you write great content but don’t have readers. Frustrating and exhausting!
What would you say if I have the exact solutions to your problems in just one word – Quora. You’ll soon be rubbing shoulders with the top bloggers on the Internet. Okay, so here goes.
Be a Savvy Blogger
Not heard of Quora? It’s a question and answer platform, where you can post questions and receive answers from the experts in the field. You will not believe it, but biggies like Ashton Kutcher and Barrack Obama have answered questions on it.
If you’ve still not bought the idea, Adam D’Angelo, the CEO of Quora, states that Quora has more than 100 million users all over the world and still growing. The number is probably 300 million today, so that’s the Quora user demographics for you.
Enough said. You are convinced it’s a great platform for questions and answers. So, how to use Quora for blogging? I’m coming to that. First and foremost, the Quora marketing strategy is not akin to a sales platform. Users frown on those attempting a sales pitch.
- Answer questions on the platform with blog posts. Link your answer back to several strategies presented in your blog. (Don’t always answer questions with a link added. It comes across as aggressive and promotional)There are discreet ways of adding a link. For instance, you could say ‘if you found my answer helpful, you can read this article (give link). You can also link answers to third party websites occasionally. Makes it look more natural and less promotional.
- Select articles with several strategies related to the problem or question. This will make users click on your link provided in the answer. This is one of the great benefits of using Quora.
- It’s likely that your answers will open up more questions, so the thread continues and you provide more value to the user. This in turn makes them click on more links that you provide, leading them to your blog. It’s a great way of using Quora for business.
- By providing a link in the answer, you are offering more value to the person posing the question.
- Answer questions regularly and check the ones in your feed. Set up the correct topics in your feed and you’ll find relevant questions to answer.
- To begin with, answer questions that have plenty of views, say, around 1000 views a week. You can be assured that it is a popular question in the community. More people will view your answer and this increases exposure for your link.
Using Quora Effectively
- Answer questions that are related to your target market (duh).
- Answer questions that require a strategy or something actionable. Your answer should lead to a specific action that solves their problem. For instance: What is a better alternative to AdSense for my blog?
- Answer questions that ask for examples. An answer with an example can be a great source for social referrals and targeted traffic.
- Follow topics using the search bar and find topics that are related to your posts. When you find a topic, you can access the topic page and follow it.
- Quora is a gold mine as far as SEO is concerned. Using Quora for SEO keyword research, your keyword research is easy. Users use popular keywords and language without any suggestions from Google. You can add these keywords to your list.
Searching for Questions on Quora
You need to find the right question to answer, as you want to drive targeted traffic back to your blog. You will get upvotes if the user feels that you have answered the question in a meaningful, useful and actionable way. You will also get more Ask to answer messages.
- Search bar. Use keywords and phrases relating to your blog post. Don’t use long-winded sentences or phrases. You will not get the right result. It’s not Google search.
- Follow a relevant topic.
- Follow top leaders of your niche or your business. Browse the feed for questions that these leaders answer, and follow suit.
- When you follow relevant topics, you can find the recent or most popular questions seen in ‘Write’. Stick to the latest questions. Check out the time of the post and select those within one or two hours. Also, try to answer those that don’t have many answers. You don’t want your answer getting lost in the noise.
Crafting Correct Answers on Quora
Now that you’ve got the question covered, start crafting the perfect answer.
- Give crisp and actionable advice. Don’t be long winding and descriptive here. Your link and blog post will have to do the rest.
- Use bulleted points. They’ll offer more upvotes than a long paragraph. It’s also easier to scan.
- Throw in some relevant screenshots if necessary or even videos.
- Ask the reader to check out your article and provide the link.
- Take care to use a non-promotional tone while answering. You don’t want to scare them away.
- Be helpful and offer examples.
- Be suggestive, not aggressive.
- Provide just one example, enough to whet their appetite, so to speak.
- Use first person words like ‘I” and ‘me’ – makes it more personal and friendly.
- Don’t blabber and stray away from the topic. Quora readers don’t appreciate irrelevant conversation or chatter. Be honest and direct.
Tracking Traffic from Quora
So now you’ve answered some questions on Quora and the traffic has started to trickle in to your site. Thumbs up.
Next, find out how effective your strategies have been and whether it’s all really worth it. Use Google Analytics for Quora traffic stats and track the visitors coming in from the platform. If you want to delve deeper, there are many other analytics tools that you can use to track visitors from Quora.
- Track the number of clicks on your blog.
- Find the numbers who have signed up to your blog for a free account.
- Find the number who’ve subscribed for paid plans.
- Check out the URL in Quora that is driving maximum traffic to your blog page.
- Check out the average time spent by users. If the time spent is more than 5 minutes, you can rest assured that they are actually reading the post.
Wrap Up – How to Start Driving Traffic from Quora
Now you know how to leverage Quora for driving traffic to your blog. You know all the Quora tips and tricks, so crank it up and get down to answering those questions.
Follow the strategies I’ve mentioned and do let me know the success you’ve achieved using Quora.