If you are someone who has tried to lose weight before, you will know that one of the most challenging areas to shift weight from is the stomach and waistline. While you will notice the excess fat in your arms, face and legs disappearing, the pocket of fat on your belly does not budge.
According to experts, visceral fat in our tummies can be shed with the help of the right exercises paired with a wholesome, healthy diet. Additionally, losing stubborn belly fat will improve your health and keep several risks at bay.
Here are four effective exercises to lose belly fat that have been tried and tested by our fitness experts:
When it comes to losing fat in any part of our body, diligently practising cardiovascular exercises is the best way to do it. Crunches target your core and back muscles, strengthen them, and speed up your metabolism. How to do Crunches:
- Lie down on your back, and keep your body relaxed.
- Fold your legs at the knees and keep your feet flat on the floor. Place your palms behind your neck.
- Brace your core, inhale, exhale and lift your upper body off the ground. Keep your neck and shoulders relaxed.
- Inhale, return to the starting position and repeat.
If your objective is to burn fat and gain muscles, Russian twists are one of the exercises to lose belly fat that is perfect for you. They work your obliques and all of your abdominal muscles. How to do Russian Twists:
- Sit on the floor with your legs outstretched and back straight.
- Now lift your legs without bending them, move backwards without hunching- you will be in the boat pose position by doing this.
- Now, clasp your palms together, use your abdominal muscles and twist towards your right. Come back to the centre and repeat by switching sides.
If you have a busy schedule that leaves you very little time to take care of your body, or if you are someone who has never tried cardio before and wants to do some easier exercises to lose belly fat.
Then simply walking, completing at least 10000 steps every day or running 5-6 kilometres each day will burn a good number of calories, boost your metabolism and keep you healthy and overall fit. Swimming and cycling are some other effective and fun options that you can try.
Among some of the most highly effective exercises to lose belly fat, mountain climbers target almost every muscle in your body from the hamstrings, calf and thigh muscles, shoulders, arms and the abdominal muscles. This is why fitness experts make sure to squeeze a few sets into every workout routine. How to do a Mountain Climber:
- Start in the position of a high plank, back straight and parallel to the ground and with your weight resting on your arms and not your toes.
- Now, bring your right knee forward until it touches your chest and stretches it back to the starting position.
- Keep repeating the same with alternate legs at a pace that suits your stamina.